My good friend Adam Waldman has started an interesting experiment on Active Rain in yet another effort to "pay it forward" and to learn about other bloggers that we may not know yet.
In a nutshell, at one point we were discussing Amazon.com and the fact that they always recommend other products when you are shopping. For example, if you like the Beatles, you may enjoy John Lennon or Paul McCartney's solo work. Sometimes, you will see that 78% of shoppers who bought the book you are considering also purchased another similar book that you may not know about.
Why can't we do the same thing here at Active Rain and recommend fellow bloggers to our regular readers and subscribers? With that in mind, Adam has chosen me as the second "link" in the chain. If you are familiar with viral marketing, then you know how quickly certain ideas can spread. I am interested to see how far and fast this idea will go.
After the rules, you will see who I have chosen as the next link in what we hope will become a very long chain of AR bloggers.
Here are the rules to participate (ONCE SOMEONE HAS RECOMMENDED YOU).
- Create a new post recommending another Rainer's blog by putting in a hyperlink to that person's blog.
- Tag your post with the phrase LINKS IN THE ACTIVE RAIN CHAIN. Make sure that you spell it correctly and type this tag exactly how it is written above.
- Name your post LINKS IN THE ACTIVE RAIN CHAIN – (Your Name)
- Copy and paste all of the links that came before you (including your name) and put the person that you're recommending under your own name.
- Copy and paste these rules into the new post.
- Contact the person that you're recommending and let them know that they are up next.
If you have any questions, please contact me directly, and we'll be happy to explain this to you in further detail. Once there are a few links in the chain, you will see how easy it is to follow. This is NOT a chain letter. This does NOT have to be sent out to a certain number of people. All you need to do is recommend one other person to keep the chain going. The benefit is that we will all get exposed to more bloggers in the community.
Please make sure to follow the rules the way that they are stated so that the chain doesn't break. In a community of nearly 60,000 members and growing, there is no telling how long we can make this chain. You can always check to see how many people have done this by clicking on the tag LINKS IN THE ACTIVE RAIN CHAIN on this post.
If you like my blog, please check out the blog of Paul Slaybaugh.
LINKS IN THE ACTIVE RAIN CHAIN