What is the significance of the number 200? Here are a few facts:
- Richard Petty has won 200 NASCAR races.
- In Monopoly, if you pass go, you collect $200.
- Michael Phelps holds the world record for the fastest 200M butterfly in swimming
- According to a list I found, the 200th most popular requested song this year on the radio was "Rock This Town" by Stray Cats
- Internet Movie Database (IMDB) allowed users to vote on their top movies – "King Kong" from 1933 was #200
- Peter King of Sports Illustrated ranked the Top 500 Players in the NFL this year – Dallas Clark (Colts tight end) placed at #200
- I found a site that will show you what 200 calories looks like (pretty interesting, actually).
So what am I getting at? THIS IS MY 200TH POST ON ACTIVE RAIN!
I started here "actively" around August 4th, so that is a lot of blogging in four months. This has been a big week for milestones for me, and I am nearing another one soon with my AR points.
I didn't want this post to be too self-serving, so I provided the above facts in an effort to spread some trivial information around.
I wanted to also take a minute to thank my subscribers! Interestingly, there are 201 of you as this is being written (was 200 earlier today)! I am so thankful to those of you who continue to support my efforts here, and to those of you who have referred friends to me. I try to handle referrals like gold.
Active Rain continues to amaze me, and I am happy to have made numerous friends during my time here. Again, thank you for reading and God bless you.
Next stop – #300! I was sorely tempted to use the graphic from the movie "300", but I will refrain until I get there. Have a great weekend!