Well, the time has come to commemorate my 250th AR post. I was going to work on this last night, but I was mourning the Dallas Cowboys' early exit from the playoffs. The post was going to discuss the fact that I had 250 subscribers at the same time that I had 250 posts, but I managed to pick up another subscriber overnight sometime. Don't get me wrong – I am certainly happy for the asymmetry in this case.
I wanted to take just a minute to thank all 251 of you who feel that my writing is worthy of subscribing to my blog, and I will do my best this year not to disappoint you. Some weeks, the writing seems to flow very easily. Other weeks, I feel less inspired. Either way, it excites me to think that there are that many real estate and mortgage pros out there in the blogosphere who care to read my stuff.
As with my 200th post, I would like to give you a few quick facts about the number 250 (thanks once again to Wikipedia):
- 250 is the SMTP status code for mail action completed.
- In the Bible, there were 250 men that rebelled against Moses and were subsequently swallowed up by fire
- In Mandarin Chinese, "250" is a slang term meaning stupid person or simpleton (yikes!).
- According to the Internet Movie Database (http://www.imdb.com/), the 250th most popular movie as determined by its users is "Harold and Maude" from 1971.
- According to a music download site that I visited, the #250 pop song for downloads is "Love Shack" by the B-52's.
- Perhaps most interestingly, 250 days ago I really couldn't have told you anything about Active Rain.
Thanks for indulging me for a minute or two and for reading my silly post.
Of course, as always, I will be issuing a small commemorative sculpture of myself dressed as John Wayne from the film "Rio Bravo" through the Franklin Mint to mark the occasion. You can have your own for just three easy payments of $99.95. Supplies are limited. Order Now!
Disclaimer: Jason Crouch does not warrant the availability, durability, or existence of the aforementioned sculpture.